Do you have a blog? Do you plan to start a blog? Do you wonder why anyone would want to have a blog? Do you wonder what the advantages and disadvantages of blogging are?
For the answers to these and other questions about blogging join us for the Finding Our Voices Online panel discussion with a group of SCN Star Blogger award recipients on Sunday February 7 from 9:00-10:AM at Story Circle Network's Stories from the Heart V conference in Austin, Texas from February 5-7, 2010.
I (Linda Hoye) will be moderating a panel discussion with the following incredible bloggers.
Nita Lou Bryant maintains two blogs. Check out Cafe Nita Lou for Today's Special, and Electric Nita Lou where she shares her adventures on an electric bicycle.
In addition to posts about writing, daily life and fascinating tales from the Middle East Rhonda Esakov's Rhonda's Ramblings displays beautiful photographs of her gardens. Rhonda is sometimes serious, sometimes thought provoking, and if you are looking for tax-tips for writers it is the place to go.
You'll find Kara Flathouse at Eskimo Kisses and Air Hugs. Kara's blog is chock-full of nuggets about her faith, writing, family, home, garden, crafts, and life in general.
Over at Seasonality, Becky Lane (also known as Hill Country Hippie) writes about living her own good live in the Texas Hill Country. Check out her very creative To-Do lists.
International Mom, Judy Miller, is the mother of four beautiful children, a writer, and adoptive parent mentor. Judy's blog is a wonderful resource to anyone involved with adoption in any facet.
Becca Taylor, at Becca's Cyber Home shares beautiful photographs from her travel adventures and, in her words, "celebrates both the magical and the mundane".
I'd love to have you stop by My Own Velvet Room and leave a comment or two as well.
Finally, if you have questions or topics you would like us to cover in the panel discussion, please post them in the comments below. We'll see you in February!
What a fun and experienced panel you’ve lined up. Here are few questions that I’d like to hear discussed.
1) How and when did each of you know and articulate your blog mission? Did you know before you started the blog or afterwards?
2) What platforms are your blogs run on? Are you within blog villages or are your blogs freestanding?
3) How would you describe your audience? Is this the audience you thought you’d have? Is there a virtuous circle in how you serve your audience and how your readers serve you?
4) What purpose (as distinct from mission) does your blog serve? Mainly family and friends? Dedicated to a cause or idea? Business and promotional?
5) How long have you been blogging? What satisfaction have you gained from it? Have there ever been dips in your interest? Do you see yourself blogging long into the future.
It will be a lively interchange, I’m sure!
You’ve asked very good questions. These will be fun to address.
Excelent questions, Janet. We’ll make sure to discuss them in February.
Lively discussion indeed! All of our blogging experiences/platforms are from a vast variety – should be a great information exchange and, to top it off – need I say “FUN”?
Can’t wait! What great questions and I can’t wait to share my experiences and hear everyone elses:)
More than anything else, I’m looking forward to learning from my fellow panelists. Can’t wait to pick their brains!